Friday, March 26, 2010

Surviving the vet

Greetings, it's Patty. I thought we were going to the vet last night for Mimi for her follow up. Turns out it was for me too! They poked me with needles and put some stuff up my nose. They say it's good for me...blah! The doctor said I have a loose tooth which has to come out. Now I've already lost 19 teeth, can't they leave some in. So Monday I go the clinic and will have the tooth removed and the remaining ones cleaned.
Mimi got her shots too and after her check up, doctor said Mimi is doing real well. As far as the cancerous tumor is concerned, there doesn't seem to be a need for treatment now so Mimi will keep doing what Mimi does best...being happy.
Although it snow yesterday in Northeast Ohio, Mimi and I are enjoying sleeping in the sun, so worn out after surviving the vet last night.

Monday, March 22, 2010

No News Is Good News

Hi there, Patty here. So far, Mom and Dad haven't heard anything from the vet about Mimi's cancer. Mimi's been doing fine, rolling around and being cute as always (in other words, showing me up as usual). We're really excited about spring being here - verrrry tired of pooping and peeing in the snow, considering we're 3/4 of an inch off the ground. It's been great being able to sniff around, check
p-mail and see what the other dogs in the neighborhood are up to. Also, the birds are back, so now I can chase them down too. Of course, we'll still bury ourselves in the blankets and, as you can see from the photo, we love to snuggle on the big bed. Well, gonna go catch some Zs, probably on Mom's lap on the couch, so have a good one!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mimi post-surgery

Mimi had the growth removed last week - Mom and Dad say the surgery went fine. She stayed at the clinic overnite after the surgery, and she was kinda tired the first day back. Since then, she's been doing fine, and back to her usual routine of being the happy & cute one. I heard Mom & Dad say the tumor was cancerous, but they haven't heard anyhting back from the doc about whether it spread or not. Mimi's tests before the surgery were good, and there wasn't any sign of cancer in her blood work or x-rays, so we're all still hoping everything's good. We'll keep you posted...

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Good news! Mimi had surgery yesterday, and it was a success. Mom says the vet removed the mass with no problem, and Mimi will be home this afternoon. I was kinda lonely while Mom was at the vet yesterday. Don't tell anyone, but I really missed my sister. I'm just glad she's doing OK, and I can't wait until she gets home.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Well, Mimi's going in for surgery today to remove the growth she has. So far, the x-rays, needle biopsy and blood tests don't indicate cancer, but the vet will send the mass out for a full biopsy. We're all hoping little M-Dog will be OK. We'll post the results later.